Fall Start-Up Meeting at Bill and Dorothy Mein's
September 19, 1998
|The Thorps||The Metcalfs
|Paul McGrath in a Thoughtful mood
Ed Kear's Snapshots
|Paul, Shirley, Bob, Margaret and Jim ||Bob and Bob
|Ellen, Doris and Ron||Bill, Heather and ½ of Russ;
If you have photographs please contact Dave
Minutes of the Business Meeting
Because the Mein's were elected officers again, they hosted the start-up meeting for the
Present: Burns, Frazers, Kears, LaComb/McGrath, Meins, Metcalfs, Meyers, Nelsons, and Thorps.
- The meeting started with a report from the Kears on their ski trips last winter as they
weren't present during the winter to share their adventures with us. They skied in Canada,
Colorado, and California.
- Future meetings were set up.
October - October 17, 6:00 p.m., Meyers, Pot Luck.
November - Brays were nominated because Tellie is a fantastic cook. Susan will cook the
dressing if Tellie does the turkey. (Need to check with Tellie & Dave on this one.)
December - No takers yet.
January - Cross-Country Ski Outing with Soup and Sandwich meeting to follow.
Russ and Heather Nelson's.
Dates: Jan. 9th with a back-up date of Jan. 16th. Time TBA.
February - No Meeting. LaPetite Cross-country ski trip. Feb. 5-7th.
March - No Meeting. Gabor has volunteered to organize a group to ski (downhill and
cross-country) at Mt. Tremblaunt, early March.
April - No meeting set.
May - Derby Day meeting not set.
June - No Meeting.
July - Kear's camp at Rainbow Lake. Date and time TBA.
August - No meeting.
- Dorothy mentioned that Gabor volunteered to set up a ski trip to Mt. Tremblaunt in early
March, and was wondering if anyone was interested. The Metcalfs said they were. The Kears said
they would be, but it depended on the date. Dorothy will poll people not present to see what
other interest there is.
- Bob Meyer passed out a new flyer from LaPetite on the accommodations and gave the
particulars on the LaPetite ski trip, which is February 5-7.
Accommodations have been reserved for 3 cabins -- 2 cabins can accommodate 8 people each and
the smaller cabin can hold 4. Some rooms have extra beds if anyone wanted to bring their
children. Price: $l43.79 Canadian each. (Lodging Friday and Saturday nights, with dinner Friday
night, 3 meals on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday.) Bob will need a deposit by the
end of October from anyone interested in going. The following people said they would like to
go: Buchanans, Burns, Casper/Machinak (via Jim Thorp), Gibbs (via Meins), Meins, Meyers,
Nagles, Nelsons and Thorps. No one was sure at this point what the Bray's plans were for this
year. Bob will check with Dave and Tellie.
- Dorothy heard from Chrystal Hayman that White Face had some good deals going this year, but
didn't have any particulars on it.
- Dues remained the same: $5.00 each or 2/$10.00. Dorothy collected dues from Frazers,
Metcalfs, LaComb/McGrath, Nelsons, Kears, Meyers, Thorps, and Meins.
- Dorothy reported on the treasury: $97.52 was paid out for the lamb roast. The Club now has
a balance of $44.55.
- Dave was missed with his Digital camera, but Russ came armed with his, and the Kears took
pictures as well. Hope they share them with us.
Back to Ski Club Archive Page